From 2001-2003 I reviewed records for two Taiwanese publications, the Taiwan News and the China Post (both of which are basically defunct). Some of these were pretty good, and most of them were pretty weird. I’ve put some of them online through the menu above.
SEARCH MY SITE
Joshua Samuel Brown: Author, Journalist and Taiwan Consultant
Subscribe to My Newsletter
- FEATURED ARTICLES
- Guest Articles
- Bicycle Journalism
- Political Columns
- Taiwan Consultant
- Early rejected works : An Open Letter to Beijing Starbucks
- How I landed my first Lonely Planet gig
- I Get Interesting Gigs: Goats and Gas Masks
- To Boldly Go Where Tour Busses Fear to Tread
- A Nihilist’s Guide to Sun Moon Lake
- Formosa Moon Launch Party!
- The Famous Doctor Ho
- Wind Warriors of the Pescadores
- Memoirs of a Dog Meat Man
- I Get Interesting Gigs (Follow Alana)
My BooksBooks by Joshua Samuel Brown. Please visit my Author page for more information on the 13+ books I have written.
Publication Date: October 1, 2018.Formosa Moon, Things Asian Press. Available for pre-order. Authors Joshua Sameul Brown and Stephanie Huffman
June 2018 – Formosa Moon #1 Best Selling in Taiwan Travel Guides
How Not to Avoid Jet Lag and other tales of Travel MadnessA collection of creative nonfiction, journalism and hallucinatory dreamscapes from China, Belize, Taiwan, Singapore, and other exotic locales. Illustrations by David Lee Ingersoll. (Review from Tony Wheeler: "I've often thought that guidebook writing attracts the mad, the bad and the slightly crazed. If he didn't start that way - perhaps a pre-writing career as a bike messenger helped - his years on the road have certainly contributed to Joshua's off-kilter take on the world." ~Tony Wheeler, Lonely Planet co-founder)
Vignettes of Taiwan